Tuesday, April 19, 2011

NBA Playoffs: Good Vs. Evil

It's the fourth day of the NBA Playoffs. Probably one of my favorite times of the year. It can be frustrating to my non-basketball friends as about every night of my life can be occupied by basketball for a couple months. To them, I say sorry.

I thought I'd make it easier for people to start watching the playoffs by telling them who they should be cheer for and who they should be cheering against.

I present to you the good guys and the bad guys of the NBA playoffs.

GOOD GUYS:
Chicago Bulls
 Why they're good: Derrick Rose has become the most dominant player in the NBA without picking up the ego. It's fun to watch a team that is still run by the coach and not by the stars.  Tom Thibodeau has created a marvelous defensive system where they work together. Teamwork and a humble star, what more can you ask for?
Denver Nuggets



 Why they're good: Now this is a surprising one, a team I thought I'd never be cheering for. After they traded away Billups and Anthony, Denver has turned into the best actual "team" in the sense of the word.  No superstar, just great teamwork - and they're playing great right now.

Oklahoma City Thunder
Why they're good: Kevin Durant is what you have to love most about this team. As with Derrick Rose, he is a superstar without the ego. I don't care much for some of the other players on the team, but he sure is fun to watch and cheer for.
Why they're good:  I've loved all of Coach D'Antoni's teams, he has such a fluid offense with great ball movement. I haven't really liked Carmello in the past but I enjoy his renewed enthusiasm for this team. Chauncey Billups and Amare Stoudemire are two of my favorite players in the league right now.
New York Knicks                      

Now it's time for some  EVIL. Here are the Bad Guys. (We're sick of seeing you win)

Miami Heat
Why they're evil: Lebron James forsaking his home town to team up with two other all-stars who arrogantly promised 9 championships to their city of Miami.. I hope they get none.
Los Angeles Lakers
Why they're evil: Two words; Kobe Bryant. Kobe has set a new benchmark for arrogance during his stint in the league. I don't think I need to go more in depth than that.
Boston Celtics
Why they're evil: Boston may have been my Laker killer in the past, but I'm really sick of seeing KG be a jerk, Pierce be a flopper, and the entire Celtics squad's sense of entitlement this year.

Why they're evil: Floppers! They're all floppers. Manu, Tony, Tim - I'm sick of your flopping and I hope you lose.
             San Antonio Spurs              .


With that being said, this is a great year for NBA playoffs. 
Plenty of people to love and plenty to love to hate. Should be lots of fun. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment