Monday, October 4, 2010

Official 1st Post (AKA Grand Opening Unveiling Ceremony)

Well there comes a time in life when you wonder how else you can expose yourself on the internet...

MySpace? check.
Facebook? been there.
Twitter? Tweeted.

Just in my moment of great despair... an angel came into my life.


"Oh my blog!"


This is Anna. She was the bright beam of light in my dark tunnel of Internet anonymity. Anna is a bloggess, herself. You can check her out at HERE. - Anyway, she said I should dabble in this, so this is my shot at it.

I want this blog to be about things that make Utah Valley great and also some of the untold stories in the underground abyss of UV and it's surroundings.

One thing that makes Utah Valley great:

Pick-up basketball games

Jordan Carl Martin Makin defeats Isaac Joseph Charles Makin, 21-18

This game was not only for brotherly pride, there was much more on the line: A Car. You see, I don't really know how to drive a stick shift car (GASP)... So I needed to challenge my little brother for his automatic car that he had claimed during my 2 year stint in Texas.

I was trailing 18-17... with the smetlering sun cascading down upon me... the towel was about to be thrown in..

Suddenly... my reputation flashed before my eyes. "Jordan Carl Martin Makin does not lose to his little brother in basketball!"

4 unanswered points and a victory proceeded that.

Isn't Utah Valley great?

I look forward to my next blog for you :)




3 comments:

  1. great post makin! I need to catch you up on some blog lingo.
    Firstly, you have now entered into the BLOGOSPHERE.
    Secondly, everytime you write something new, it's called a new POST.. not a new blog.
    A new blog would be a completely different url.

    also: thank you for calling me an angel. I kind of look like I should have a halo around my head in that photograph. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....well, first off Makin, Stick Shift Cars rule, and you should learn how to drive one because of the awesomeness that is a Stick Shift, they are simply better then other cars, period.

    And Second off, That is an awesome POST, and I am sure you will continue to POST and make this an awesome BLOG, and I look forward to reading it.

    And thirdly, a little photoshop magic and you can have a halo in that picture Anna Mae, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. Pretty sure you should follow my blog, too. Jus sayin. Holla.

    ReplyDelete