Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tweeted to by a Semi-Famous Band

With the announcement of the lineup for the upcoming Twilight Concert Series, my mind turned to bands I need to see before I die. A couple of them will be coming to the series, as I've always wanted to see Explosions in the Sky and Bright Eyes.

My all time favorite band is Everclear. I was raised on 90's Rock and they were the epitome of everything I loved about it. They are far past the glory days they had back then, but they still tour around (mostly in California & Oregon). The lead singer, Art Alexakis, is getting old and has a new band with him, so I feel I'm running out of time to be able see them live.

In my nostalgic despair, I sought them out on twitter and said this:


Later today, I received a tweet back. It's not even a big deal. If you remember, just a couple weeks ago Judd Apatow tweeted to me. I guess celebrities just love me ***ARROGANCE***

A smiley face at the end would have made you sound less annoyed, but I'll take it :)

Now, Everclear doesn't have a whole lot of followers, and not even a verified check next to their account.. but I'm pretty sure it's them..

If not, I still have Judd Apatow as my claim to fame!

I'm beginning to realize how anti-climactic and self-serving this post is... TELL YOUR FRIENDS!


1 comment: