Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010: Jordan's Year in Review.

2010 is over. Thank the Almighty Creator (Jeff Bridges in Tron). 2010 has been a trip for sure; one that I won't soon forget. But I am very excited for 2011 and a fresh year to work with. LET'S HIT THE HIGHLIGHTS.

At the beginning of 2010, I was in Amarillo, TX. A spunky little town known for its strip clubs and big 72 oz steaks. This is a picture of Cadillac Ranch (a place where Cadillacs just stick out of the ground). This is what Amarillo considers a tourist attraction..





Amarillo was bitter cold and I had to BIKE in it. Everyone there would say, "This is the coldest, most snowy winter we've ever had. I feel sorry for y'all bikin'." Thanks, Amarillolites.

February 24th (My birthday) was pretty nonexistent as it landed on transfers. I think I went to a chinese buffet to celebrate. I DID buy my infamous cowboy boots around this time though.



A few weeks later, I was moved to Lubbock. In Lubbock I was put in charge of about 50 cars. I was the Vehicle Coordinator, but I was also known as Car Tsar and Fleet Commander.



On August 11th, I finally made it back to my family and friends, it was probably one of the happier moments of my life. Lots of fun.









After Getting home, I took a couple of trips to the concrete jungle; New York.



I won't get into the details here, most of you know the story, but let's just say that sometimes love hurts and other times love leaves you alone in the Bronx. And while you wander the Bronx alone in the middle of the night, you have to deal with shifty taxi drivers and eventually sleep on the floor at the JFK airport with a bunch of Europeans.

Besides the NY ordeal, being home has been great. I've enjoyed time with family and friends. Some of the more important things that have happened include:

1. I started Blogging. (Thanks to Anna Mae Spencer for that one)
2. I finished my 3rd Semester at UVU. (Makin UV Better!)
3. I got a job as a grader for the Online public speaking class.
4. I defeated Evan Spencer in a game of NBA 2k11, 91-90. I hit a shot with less than a second (.8) remaining on the clock. Greatest game of the year.
6. I started coaching my first high school basketball team with Nick Piepenbrok.
5. I enjoyed my first Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family in nearly 3 years.

Picture Memoriez









Thanks for everyone who was a part of my life in 2010. I look forward to 2011. To all my Frenz, I LOVE YOU!


7 comments:

  1. you've inspired me. i am going to get back on the blogging train. but let me tell you this: FACT: when there is nothing to procrastinate from doing, blogging gets pushed aside. it's waaaay more fun to blog knowing that you should be doing something else. anyways, here to more blog posts in 2k11!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do Sara. I am sure I would be your number 1 blog fan. And agreed, I am always look for something important to do so I can push it aside and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that I've made you a part of this blogosphere! Love ya jord! Happy 2011!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that I've made you a part of this blogosphere! Love ya jord! Happy 2011!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea why you sent me a link for this... just saying.... that was lame of you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha you read my blog! That's why :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jordan, I loved your review of the year! We missed you so much while you were in Texas! It is so good to have you back! Keep up the great blogging! I really enjoy your posts! Love you lots! (Check for Tots!) --Your Sis, Anne

    ReplyDelete