Monday, November 8, 2010

Childhood Memory #1 - The Power Ranger

"...I once learned that making the hard decisions is what makes decisions hard..."
-Jordan Makin

One time, my mother bought me an awesome action figure. It was the Gold Ranger from Power Rangers Zeo. This was my favorite toy. He wielded a Golden Staff that he used to fend off the powers of evil.

I loved him. He loved me.


Then something tragic happened. The Golden Staff disappeared. He couldn't fight without it. I panicked. I didn't know what to do. But I did something.

I threw away my Gold Ranger. I knew my mom wouldn't buy me a new one just because I lost his staff. I had to make the hard decision. I once learned that making the hard decisions is what makes decisions hard. Hard decisions always lead to casualties.

I threw a fit that I had lost my action figure. I acted depressed for at least 3 hours until my mom finally offered to buy me a new one. I gladly accepted. My mother never knew the truth. I felt guilty at the time, but it has now been 6 months since this happened and I don't really care anymore.

3 comments:

  1. So you have a blog Mr. Makin. I remember watching/playing power rangers with you all the time. However, Pokemon was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shouldnt you be able to buy yourself a gold power ranger action figure? Your mom should be buying the bad guy ones for him to beat up and defeat

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahahahaha. I love you.

    ReplyDelete